Thursday, April 26, 2012
Parenting Woes
I am becoming less and less interested in blogging. I really don't have alot of people that are that interested in whats going on in my life or otherwise so i think i may make this blog private so i can just journal when i have the time. The past six months really have been overwhelming emotionally, and physically. Parenting has become a reall struggle as my children are growing up faster than i think i know how to deal with. I have had to put them in counseling. It has been a real big eye opener. I always thought that i could be enough and that they could always feel like they can come to me for absolutely anything. It happens to not be the case. I am feeling like a big fat zero. My girls feel unsafe at thier school and want to be homeschooled and i feel so insecure of my own abilities to teach them basics and/or more that selfish me keeps telling them it will get better. How do I expect them to navigate thier own storms if i can't even weather mine. Middle school was hell for me. Will I find the courage and get over my insecurities so that they don't have to endure the things i went through but if i pull them out am i teaching them to give up and not weather thier storms in life. I get so frustrated with the school system and i feel that my voice keeps falling on deaf ears no matter how loud i get. I am tired of my children getting bullied because they are kind, and i don't want them to be violent with anyone but i wish they could find thier voice to put these bullies in thier place. With adolescence rearing its head i need to find myself some new parenting tools because the ones i have really aren't working anymore. Well for now thats all i have for the blogosphere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Perhaps you need to consider counseling too. To identify your fears, when they started, how they were magnified and finally, how to work through those fears. You would benefit from this as well as your children.
I'm sorry I haven't done more to reach out. It's easier for me to follow on blogs.
I'm also sorry about your kids going through some bullying. The only advocate they have during these formative years is YOU. You can be scared all you want on the inside, just let them see that you're willing to become mama-bear because you love them, believe in them and believe that they are worthy of respect.
As for feeling inferior to teaching them, you're right in the sense that you're teaching right now. I am SO proud of you for recognizing your weaknesses though. Truly. Now take that and turn those things into strengths! Homeschooling these days is so much easier than before. Especially with all the support that you can get too. Check into the local school district & find out about the homeschooling program. A lot of them include times (classes) at school and then have a curriculum for you to follow. Yet YOU set the schedule. Which should help, don't you have a little one? Also - remember that homeschool is not an all-day affair. :)
Chin up. I'll be adding you and your family to my prayers. Know that there IS somebody out in the blog world that follows your blog and cares about you.
And on a totally separate note because I know you're a Jane Austen fan. Can you believe that I just now started reading Sense & Sensibility for the FIRST TIME! Good grief! lol!!! ((((hugs))))
Hey now. I saw the quote you have in the sidebar. Very apropos!
♥♥♥
Post a Comment